This bibliography is not intended to be exhaustive. With the exception of the “General Information” section, it provides resources, which were recently written or updated. Those resources contain bibliographies for those wishing to peruse older volumes and wisdom.
As for the General Information section, most of the entries date from the Nineteen Eighties, some are earlier. The volumes are not generally available; many are out-of-print. A good university library (University of Arizona, Tucson, or University of California, Riverside) and the American Oil Chemists Society in Champaign, Illinois are starting places. One of these books is available through Google Books, The Chemistry and Technology of Jojoba Oil. If you wish to purchase the book or do further research of your own, please go to www.abebooks.com, an excellent source for obtaining out-of-print and recently printed books.
- Butler, Robert L., “Jojoba for Spas”, Spa Managciteent, May, 2002
- Butler, Robert L., “Jojoba: More than you Think”, Spa Managciteent,February 2003 (www.spamanagciteent.com)
- Falconi, Dina, Earthly Bodies & Heavenly Hair: Natural and Healthy Personal Care for Everybody, Ceres Press (1997)
- Frohn, Birgit, Natürlich Heilen und Pflegen mit Jojoba, Südwest Verlag GmbH in der Verlagshaur Goethestraße, GmbH & Co. KG, München
- Hulbert, Mike and Carter, Anna, Pure Beauty: Simple Recipes for a Naturally Beautiful Body, Hearst Books, New York, 1999.
- Butler, Robert L., Jojoba: What You Might Not Know, Aromatherapy Times, Winter 2013.
- Cooksley, Valerie Gennari, Aromatherapy: A Lifetime Guide to Healing with Essential Oils, Prentice Hall, Paramus, New Jersey 07652 (1996)
- Cooksley, Valerie Gennari, Comforting Scents: Your Personal Aromatherapy Journal, Prentice Hall Press, Paramus, New Jersey 07652 (1998)
- Davis, Patricia, Aromatherapy: An A – Z, C.W. Daniel Company Limited, 1 Church Path, Saffron Walden, Essex CB10 1JP, England (1995)
- Dot, Colleen K., The Essential Oils Book: Creating Personal Blends for Mind and Body, Storey Communications, Inc. Schoolhouse Road, Pownal, Vermont 05261 (1996)
- National Association of Holistic Aromatherapy. To obtain high quality essential oils, we recommend that you contact The National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy, www.NAHA.org. They maintain an active membership list of essential oil vendors.
- Peplow, Reginald, A Herbal, Published in association with The National Trust for Places of Historic Interest or National Beauty by Unwyn Hyman Limited, Denmark House, 37-39 Queen Elizabeth Street, London SE1 2QB and 40 Museum Street, London WC1A ILU (1987) ISBN 0-04-440048-9
- Tisserand, Robert B., The Art of Aromatherapy: The Healing and Beautifying Properties of the Essential Oils of Flowers and Herbs, Healing Arts Press, One Park Street, Rochester, Vermont (1977)
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT JOJOBA
- Maine Public Broadcasting Network, The Jojoba Company, Experience, May 2008.
- Butler, Robert L., When we Say “Jojoba”, What Do We Mean?, Spa Management, May 2002.
- Baldwin, A.R. (editor), Proceedings: Seventh International Conference on Jojoba and its Uses, American Oil Chemists’ Society, Champaign, Illinois, 1988.
- Elias-Cesnik, Anna (editor), “Jojoba and its Uses Through 1982”, Proceedings of the Fifth International Conference on Jojoba and Its Uses, October 11-15, 1982, University of Arizona, College of Agriculture, Office of Arid Lands Studies, and Division of Continuing Education, Conference Department, Tucson, Arizona, 1983.
- Elias-Cesnik, Anna, Jojoba, Guide to the Literature, Office of Arid Lands Studies, College of Agriculture, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, 1982.
- Haase, Edward F. and McGinnies, William G. (Technical Editors), Jojoba and Its Uses: An International Conference, June 1972, Office of Arid Lands Studies, College of Earth Sciences, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona.
- Jojoba: New Crop for Arid Lands, New Raw Material for Industry, Report of an Ad Hoc Panel of the Advisory Committee on Technology Innovation, Board on Science and Technology for International Development, Office of International Affairs, National Research Council, National Academy Press, Washington, D.C. 1985.
- Linam, Delbert E., Jojoba Fever: A Survey of a New Agricultural Industry, 1981. Published by Burbank Books, P.O. Box 427, Burbank, CA 91503.
- Miwa, Thomas Kanji (editor), Jojoba, Volume I, 1980, Published by Jojoba Plantation Products, Inc. 1980. Printed by Horizon Graphics, Inc. Tcitepe, Arizona.
- National Academy of Sciences, Products from Jojoba: A Promising New Crop for Arid Lands, Committee on Jojoba Utilization, Office of Chemistry and Chemical Technology, Assembly of Mathematical and Physical Sciences, National Research Council, Washington, D.C. 1975.
- Princen, Lambertus H. and Rossi, Carlos, editors, Proceedings of the Ninth International Conference on Jojoba and its Uses and of the Third International Conference on New Industrial Crops and Products, Association for the Advancement of Industrial Crops, 1996
- Revelle, Roger, Flying Beans, Botanical Whales, Jack’s Beanstalk, and Other Marvels, Reprinted from The National Research Council in 1978, Published by The National Academy of Sciences, Washington, D.C., April 1978.
- Thomson, Paul H., Editor, Jojoba Handbook, Bonsall Publications, Bonsall, California, September 1978.
- Wells, Don and Groen, Jean, Plants of the Sonoran Desert and Their Many Uses, Wells/Groen Publishing Company, 1375 South Mountain View Road, Apache Junction, AZ 85219, ISBN 0-9748413-1-5
- Wisniak, Jaime, The Chemistry and Technology of Jojoba Oil, American Oil Chemists’ Society, Champaign, Illinois, 1987.
- Wisniak, Jaime and Zabicky, Jacob, editors, Proceedings of the Sixth International Conference on Jojoba and its Uses, October 21-16, 1984, Beer-Sheva, Israel, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Beer-Sheva, Israel.
- Yermanos, Demetrios M., Professor of Genetics, University of California, Riverside, California, Jojoba: Out of the Ivory Tower and into the Real World of Agriculture, July 1982.
- Yermanos, Demetrios M., Editor, Proceedings: 3rd International Conference on Jojoba, September 13 – 16, 1978, University of California, Riverside, California 92521, sponsored by The International Committee on Jojoba and The Department of Botany and Plant Science, University of California, Riverside
- Cavitch, Susan Miller, The Natural Soap Book: Making Herbal and Vegetable-Based Soaps, Storey Communications, Inc., Schoolhouse Road, Pownal, Vermont 05261 (1995).
- Hulbert, Mike, Country Living Handmade Soap: Recipes for Crafting Soap at Home, Hearst Books, a Division of William Morrow & Company, Inc., 1350 Avenue of the Americas, New York City, NY 10019, (1998).
- McDaniel, Dr. Robert S., Essentially Soap: The Elegant Art of Handmade Soap (Making, Scenting, Coloring & Shaping), Krause Publications, 700 East State Street, Iola, WI 54990-0001, 715.445.2214, ISBN: 0-87341-832-8
- The Saponifier, Petal Pusher Press, P.O. Box 280, Silvana, WA 98287 Toll Free: 877.858.SOAP, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.saponifier.com
Note: There are numerous soap-making organizations, which welcome new members, hold annual conventions, and offer tips and advice not found in the literature. A search under “soap-making” at www.google.com will provide a large number of informative leads.